We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
A tender pink flesh or sun-yellow, sweet and juicy ... all the happiness of summer hides under the fluffy skin of peach. Fragile flesh too, which does not allow it to be stored long ... which ensures a good freshness on the stalls at the peak of the season.
Dietetics and use
- Fishing, which has more water (87%) than sugars (9%), is both moderately caloric (40 calories per 100 grams) and refreshing. Ripe, it is perfectly digestible, making it one of the favorite fruits of the little ones. Finally, in addition to vitamin C and provitamin A, it has pigments (especially present in yellow peach) that enhance the action of vitamin C and protect small blood capillaries from the harmful effects of heat and sun.
- To peel a peach, immerse it for 30 seconds in boiling water then pass it quickly under a stream of cold water, or bake for 3 minutes in the microwave, maximum power. His skin will come off easily on the tip of the knife. This done, crunch it without waiting or freeze it in anticipation of winter desserts after coating sugar with pitted mumps.
Choice and conservation
- Do not confuse peach with nectarine. The skin of the first is as fluffy as that of the other is smooth. A ripe peach is judged to touch (the flesh should be slightly sinking under your finger) and its scent that should raise the water to the mouth.
- As the white peach is more fragile than the yellow, it is better to handle it gently.
- Peaches can only be kept for 3 to 4 days in the bottom of the refrigerator. But for them to exhale to the maximum their perfume, it is better to place them one to two hours at room temperature before consuming them.